Re: gnokii 0.6.13

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.13
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:10:09 +0200

Hi,

On 6/20/06, Leo Antunes <address@hidden> wrote:
Is it possible to remove the /debian dir from the next release?
I'm currently the Debian maintainer for Gnokii and according to Debian's
best practices, it's nice to have the original upstream tarball clean
from Debian specific stuff, to avoid problems with build-daemons and
etc.

I'd prefer not. Official Debian package is usually outdated due to
Debian policy of accepting new versions. I think having it will allow
users to build the package more easily and furthermore I still hope to
provide the current packages on www.gnokii.org.

Furthermore, the current /debian dir in the official Debian package is
considerably different from the one in Gnokii's release, so I think it's
not really being used much. (correct me if I'm wrong :-) )

Well, it wasn't that different at 0.6.12 release. I still use it for
preparing packages for Ubuntu. BTW. Does official Debian package still
contain outdated copyright file? ;-)

take care,
pkot
--