Re: nokia-6100 gnokii fc4

From: jonas mockus
Subject: Re: nokia-6100 gnokii fc4
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:12:55 +0300

Hi,
The file 'dmesg' is attached ,
that is  of Aug 14 - the date  before I  obtained dku-5.

 I replaced  in '.gnokiirc' the line '/dev/ttyS0' by '/dev/ttyUSB0,
the result was the same as before.

This is the first time I attempt to connect mobile to PC so I hope  you
will suggest my next step.

On 8/23/05, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

2005/8/23, jonas mockus <address@hidden>:
> now I attach both files:
> '.gnokiirc' and tht results of gnokii --identify

For sure you shouldn't use /dev/ttyS0 but /dev/ttyUSB0 or something.
Refer to dmesg  to get the right one. You will find there the
information whether the cable is recognized or not. ALso then
providing an output provide debug output
( http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml#debug)

>  I obtain the cable in BITE shop,
>  the cable was in the new box sealed by 'ORIGINAL DUK-5 EQUIPMENT",

Oh, come on, don't tell me that you can't recognize if the cable is
vendored by Nokia or not.

pkot
--
Pawel Kot