gnokii file support -- questions

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii file support -- questions
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:50:25 +0200

Hi,

I'm writing support for getting files from Nokia 6610i which is sligly
different than the protocol currently implemented within gnokii
(there's no way to get the file information by name). And I'm not sure
what do the certain fields in gn_file and gn_file_list do mean. Can
someone (Chris?) describe them? This is cut'n'pasted from
include/gnokii/common.h with my comments:

typedef struct {
        unsigned char id[6];    /* file id, why char not int? */
        char name[512];         /* file name */
        int year;               /* datetime of creation/modification,
why not gn_datetime? */
        int month;
        int day;
        int hour;
        int minute;
        int second;
        int file_length;        /* size of the file */
        int togo;               /* ??? */
        int just_sent;          /* ??? */
        unsigned char *file;    /* ???, how does it differ from name? */
} gn_file;

typedef struct {
        char path[512]; /* directory path */
        gn_file *files[GN_FILES_MAX_COUNT]; /* files */
        int file_count; /*number of files in directory */
} gn_file_list;

gn_file_list in fact represents a directory (dentry), is that right?
What if the directory has subdirectories? I belive with current design
we are not able to represent the filesystem hierarchy.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot