Re: Gnokii beginner deeply discouraged

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii beginner deeply discouraged
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 23:21:23 +0200

Hi Cameron,

On 5/28/05, Cameron Laird <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to access a 6610 from a WinXP host.  I have both a DKU-5
>   port_device: COM6

It seems it is given incorrectly. You should have:
port = COM6:

> sort.  I would happily do this, but I haven't been able to find a logfile
> with such contents, nor does assigning {logfile = "\mylog"} in the
> _gnokiirc seem to have any effect.  I am using

Use logging = on in the debg section in gnokiirc.

> I'm open to suggestions.  Will 0.6.7 solve problems of 0.6.3 (I didn't
> notice anything pertinent in the release notes, but it's likely I missed

It may, but not necesserily will.

> a lot there)?  Should I try a Bluetooth connection instead?  Is there a

I think we lack bluetooth support under Windows.

> good way I can verify I'm actually holding a 6610?  Are MacOS or Linux
> hosts likely to give me significantly easier results than WinXP?  Is

Defnitely. We have no active developer using Windows as the base
system. Our work is done and tested mainly on Linux systems.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot