Nokia 3120 + DKU5 with Prolific Chipset

From: Hugh Barnard
Subject: Nokia 3120 + DKU5 with Prolific Chipset
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:40:07 +0100

Hi folks

After one false start, I bought a pl2303 chipset DKU5 for a Nokia 3120.
The cable shows up as registering  in lsusb. However, I'm not sure what
model to use or exactly how to modify the sources to get the 3120 to run.

I'm using /dev/ttyUSB0 and there's some activity busy/retry etc.

There's an entry for the 3100 in misc.c which has a RH-19 identifier
(same as my phone). But when I put model = 3100
it reports  'Model specified isn't known/supported'

It also gives me the 'phone has not been converted to new style..' but
I'm using 0.6.5, so I guess I don't need to upgrade.

Any help appreciated..best regards Hugh Barnard