Re: couldn't open GNBUS device?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: couldn't open GNBUS device?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:29:23 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 03:31:09AM +0100, Marko Faas wrote:
> I am on the verge of getting crazy, so I really hope you can help me,
> even though it might be a newby question.
>
> It doesn't matter what I do, I always get this message:
>
> > gnokii --monitor
> GNOKII Version 0.6.3
> Can't connect: Apparaat of bron bezig
> Couldn't open GNBUS device: Apparaat of bron bezig
> Telephone interface init failed: Function or connection type not
> supported by the phone.
> Quitting.
>
> (Apparaat of bron bezig means Device or Source busy)
>
> This is my gnokiirc:
>
> [global]
>
> port = 00:0E:6D:xx:xx:xx
> rfcomm_channel = 14
> model = 6600
> connection = bluetooth
> debug = on

Run sdptool browse <phone-bt-address> and see which rfcomm port is in
use. BTW newer gnapplet prints the used rfcomm channel at startup.
Make sure the rfcomm_channel parameter contains the same value.

> I have seen that a difference in versions between gnokii and gnapplet
> can make a difference, but unfortunately I cannot find a corresponding
> gnokii-version for the gnapplet for Suse 9.2. I am using gnokii 0.6.3
> and gnapplet 0.6.2

gnapplet and gnokii versions must match. You'll find the appropriate
gnapplet in the 0.6.3 source tarball (you'll find the .sis file there,
you needn't compile anything).

Bye,
Bozo