Re: Bluetooth on 6310i

From: Philip Barnes
Subject: Re: Bluetooth on 6310i
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:40:33 +0000

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 05:00 +0000, Nataraj S Narayan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have at last got hands on a 6310i Nokia. For me to use bluetooth and
> GPRS do i need any other packages like bleuz or any kernel module to
> use bluetooth with gnokii?

I have bluez on my PC and use it to access my 6310i using gnokii. I am
not sure how much is needed for gnokii as I also use it to connect my
palm pilot to the PC.

To use gnokii you will need to know the MAC address of your phone, you
can find that by the command 'sdptool browse'. Your phone will need to
be discoverable and if you are in an office or at uni you may need to
give your phone a unique name or you won't know which 6310i is yours.

When you have the address put it in /etc/gnokiirc
# Use this setting also for the Bluetooth connection:
# port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
port = 00:60:57:xx:xx:xx

# Set model to the model number of your phone
model = 6310i

HTH Phil