Re: Netmonitor

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Netmonitor
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:26:52 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 06:36:48PM +0100, Corne van Strien wrote:
> I understand that Netmonitor is not available for 6310i. I'm especially
> interested
> in detailed measurements of Rx signal strength for different cells/channels.
> What would be a good (the best ?) handset for achieving this ?. Would this
> always

Only the nk6100 (6110 and compatibles) and nk7110 (7110 and compatibles)
driver supports netmonitor. I'm not using netmonitor, but I managed to
test it with a 6110 and a 6210.

> require a serial cable for MBUS connection, or is Netmonitor/MBUS also
> available
> over bluetooth ?. No problem if the handset would be 'end of life' as most
> handsets
> are available 'second hand'.

Maybe you can get a bluetooth enabled nokia 6210, but we didn't managed
to test it ourselves. Using a cable connection is the safe solution.

> If there is any possibility of achieving Rx signal level data for 6130i, If
> so I would like to
> contribute (did some gnokii hacking in several modules for my own purposes).

No. There aren't any software which support it, so we cannot get message
dumps. Highly probable that nokia left this functionality from modern
phones.

Bye,
Bozo