Re: Gnokii - AT-phones encoding

From: Helge Deller
Subject: Re: Gnokii - AT-phones encoding
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:40:58 +0100

On Sunday 09 January 2005 20:32, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > I didn't tried this, but instead it seems, that at least Siemens
> > "encode" the group membership of this entry with this special character.
> >
> > What I found was:
> > no additional char -> phonebook entry does not belong to any group ("No
> > group")
> > 00BF -> group: "VIP",
> > 00A3 -> group: "Family",
> > 0024 -> group: "Friends"
> > 0021 -> group: "Others"
> > This are all groups.
>
> What if you have $ or ! at the end of the name? 0x24 denotes $ and 0x21
> denotes !.

Heh - that's at least easy to say for the Siemens A60.
a) If you change the name to end with "!", it's just not saved this way. The
phone just drops the "!" and saves the entry without it.
b) There is no possibility to enter a "$" character - so I can't test.

Of course this seems to be pretty much Siemens-style of handling it. Not sure
about other AT phones.

> > So, maybe you just check for this characters and set the group in the
> > entry ?
>
> Yes, perhaps. But first I need to be sure that it is correct.

Sure.

Helge