RE: Nokia 3220

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: RE: Nokia 3220
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:26:04 +1100

First of all, it's probably better to keep this on the list. That way if
I can't help you, maybe someone else can.

> i also tried to get the nokia 3220 work with gnokii. but i'am not succesfull.
> i also use pl2303 with kernel 2.6.10 on gentoo-linux. here is my gnokiirc:

> [global]
>
> port = /dev/tts/USB0

Does this device exist? I had to unplug and re-plug the cable _after_
inserting the usbserial and pl2303 modules in order to get it to show up

> model = 6510
> initlength = default
> connection = serial
> use_locking = yes
> serial_baudrate = 19200
> smsc_timeout = 10
>
> [gnokiid]
> bindir = /usr/sbin/
>
> [connect_script]
> TELEPHONE = 12345678
> [disconnect_script]
>
> [logging]
> debug = on
> rlpdebug = on
> xdebug = on
>
>  when i start xgnokii there is "connecting..." for 2 minutes after this the
> programm stopps.

Try using gnokii from the command line instead of xgnokii. That way, it
prints out a bunch of useful debugging information. Try "gnokii
--identify".

> can you find everything wrong?
>
> thanks
> felix