gnokii error : Nokia 6260

From: chandra mohan
Subject: gnokii error : Nokia 6260
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:00:57 +0530

Hi,

Need help on the following error message.

We are trying to use the win32 binaries of gnokii (gnokii-0.6.3-win32.zip ).

Attached the  .gnokiirc file with this mail.

With 6260 - Infrared enabled and modem initialized,

The below error message is shown.

C:\gnokii-0.6.3>gnokii --identify

GNOKII Version 0.6.3

Telephone interface init failed: Model specified isn't known/supported.

Quitting.

Though the gnokii FAQ says that the Nokia 62X0 models are supported,

I think the model 6260 is not supported currently by gnokii.

If some one has already successfully used the gnokii application.

Pleae let us know your comments what could be wrong and how to proceed further

for sending SMS using Nokia 6260 as modem or any other supported models.

Regards

Chandra.

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or address@hidden immediately