data transfer using gnokii --writecalendarnote problem

From: Andreas Windisch
Subject: data transfer using gnokii --writecalendarnote problem
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:37:13 +0200

Andreas Windisch

Vinzenz Muchitschstraße 6/17

8020  Graz

Tel.: 0664 5427274

address@hidden: address@hidden

homepage: www.osiris1.at.tf

Have a LINUX day!

Hi @ll,

I have a serious problem concerning the data-transfer using gnokii –writecalendarnote vcalendar-file number.

If I type a calendarnote on the phone (Nokia 3310) and use the command gnokii –getcalendarnote –v I get the correct information i entered. But it doesn´t work the other way around:

When trying to transfer a vcalendar file that looks exactly the same like the one I receive by using the –getcalendarnote switch, the only information that reaches the phone is a bunch of  tetragons.

It is very important for my project to solve this problem, because I can´t use the alarm function as long as the information gets lost at its transfer.

Does anyone know this problem or can give me hints for troubleshooting?

Thanks, andy.