Re: Win2k & Nokia 3650

From: Kumar deepak
Subject: Re: Win2k & Nokia 3650
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:22:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Please tell me from where i can download gnokii for windows and which version works with windows 2000.

Regards
Deepak Kumar

Jörg_Wartenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

today I found out how to connect my Nokia 3650 phone with gnokii under
Windows 2000.
1.) Start the built in modem connection tool of the phone => Windows
2000 automatically installs an IRDA modem driver.
2.) Now a new com-port appears in the Nokia mRouter tool (com4 in my case)
3.) Set the port parameter in the _gnokiirc file to this port
4.) Close the modem conection tool on the phone.
5.) Start gnaplet on the phone
6.) Start gnokii

Now, some basic gnokii commands like --identify work. But I want use
gnokii for addressbook syncronisation, which unfortunately crashes.
While the raw download of phonebook entrys seems to work, the 'real
world' functions --ldif and --vcard crashes at the first phonebook entry.

Regards Jörg