Re: Using the Nokia 6800 in Linux (GPRS and Gnokii)

From: Chris de Vidal
Subject: Re: Using the Nokia 6800 in Linux (GPRS and Gnokii)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

Pawel Kot said:
> Could you please provide model information from your phone (the result of
> typing *#0000* on your phone keyboard.

NSB-9

Strangely, the phone model was already in the 0.6.3 source, which is why I
didn't include it in my "mini-HOWTO".  In common/misc.c, on line 226:
{"6800",  "NHL-6", 0 },
{"6800",  "NSB-9", 0 },
{"6810",  "RM-2", 0 },
{"6820",  "NHL-9", 0 },
{"6820b", "RH-26", 0 },

But to get it to work, I had to modify nk6519.c and unixirda.c.

> I'm commiting the 6800 support to CVS.

Schweeeet.  Nice program, although I've yet to see how the GUI portion
works.  Wouldn't it be great if I could sync it with JPilot?  LOL NOW I'm
asking TOO MUCH!!

By the way, GPRS EasyConnect looks like a great GUI program for the GPRS
modem in most phones.

/dev/idal