Re: re gnokii and USB/IrDA on PCLinuxOS (Mandrake 9.2) based

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: re gnokii and USB/IrDA on PCLinuxOS (Mandrake 9.2) based
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:58:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Ruud Koendering wrote:

> I have still a problem:
>
> drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for IR Dongle
> usbcore: registered new driver ir-usb
> drivers/usb/serial/ir-usb.c: USB IR Dongle driver v0.4
>
> The system recognizes my USB-IrDA from Sweex
>
> But how do I test the dongle?  What setting do I make in Gnooki?

As root run 'irattach irda0 -s' (for troubleshooting see
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/IrDA/IrDA.html)

Configure gnokii with following settings:
[global]
port = /dev/ircomm0
model = AT
initlength = 1
connection = irda

[or change model to your equivalent] and ensure you have write access to
/dev/ircomm0.

pkot
--
mailto:address@hidden