MA8620E cable for Nokia 6100

From: Alex K
Subject: MA8620E cable for Nokia 6100
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:53:37 +0400

Hello, everyone!

I thought I will let everyone know that driver for this cable exists for Linux
(it is PL2303X based cable), people from Prolific supplied me with driver
for it, I will make it avaible on my page:
http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/pl2303x-linux.zip

I'm also currently trying to port it to FreeBSD (based on old uplcom.c)
Currently it succesfully inits, I can connect to phone and say "AT",
phone replies "OK", other AT commands also work. But connection
to phone is somehow not "binary safe", some characerts typed will return
garbage - for example "F" returns "Щ" but some characters work OK, and
if I will type a working letter - any one character following will also be OK.
So if I type "AF" it will work correctly

What can be causing such problem?

Cheers,
            AL.

p.s. if anyone wants to help me with driver - please contact me!

p.p.s Gnokii works in AT mode