Re: Constant-on with 6190 and adapter?

From: Ruotger . Skupin
Subject: Re: Constant-on with 6190 and adapter?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:21:21 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28.01.03, um 19:08 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Pavel Machek:

Hi!

I have a 6190 (US version of 6110) acting as an SMS gateway for our
company. It is plugged into a power adapter. However, it eventually will shut itself off even though it is fully charged and on the adapter. The first time it happened, it took a couple weeks for it to occur, but it did.

Does the the battery slowly drain once it has fully charged?  Or is it
something else? Is there a way to hack the adapter to bypass the battery?

Sounds like sw bug to me.
I can second that. It happened for me on a 6210, which is quite unstable. The telefone never hangs but shuts itself off from time to time. Removing the battery for a couple of seconds seemed to help, so I always did it when I switched the phone off.

A different thing: There was a discussion on this list about the power supply not having enough power so that you could make a call without an at least partially charged battery.

Good luck
     Roddi