Re: "segmentation fault"

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: "segmentation fault"
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:02:29 +0100

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 11:28:46PM +0200, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> I am testing that when I do:
> gnokii --smsreader
>
> first gnokii shows and erases all messages in the phone. Before, when
> gnokii did this, gnokii do a segmentation fault
>
> Now, when we are in "Entered sms reader mode..." and receive a message,
> gnokii do a segmentation fault

There were two different problem. The first was a file creation problem
in gnokii. The fix will create the sms directory if not present and checks
the return code of the fopen call.

The second problem laid in the nk6100 driver. When an incoming sms arrived
and the on_sms callback is registered the driver tries to pass the incoming
sms to the application and deletes it. After the sms retrieval some field
in the data structure points to an invalid area (e.g. data->raw_sms).

Bye,
Bozo