gnokii with Nokia 6310i

From: Malte Schünemann
Subject: gnokii with Nokia 6310i
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:51:27 +0100

I tried to get IrDA and gnokii running on a Thinkpad T21 with Nokia 6310i.

I have compiled and installed trying version 0.5.0pre4 and 0.4.3 - I alwys have
the problem that xgnokii outputs
  Couldn't open PHONET device: No route to host
  connect: No route to host
or
  Couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory

In addition, xgnokii just hangs - I need to kill it which leaves the lock file
standing around ...
After that I also need to kill the 'irattach irda0 -s' process to get
averything running again.

The sequence of actions taken were
  o irattach irda0 -s
       irdaping can connect to the mobile at this time.
  o activate IR on Mobile Phone
  o start xgnokii
It sometimes works for SMS - but that also often hangs. Connection is set to
irda.

I observed that no link /dev/gnokii is created. I expected it to be present ...

Device I tried were /dev/ttyS1 (but that device file needs to be de-activated
if  understand correctly using setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none) and /dev/gnokii
- which does not exist.
I am also not sure what I need to set the parameter model in the config file to
... I am a little bit lost here.

Can you help ? Thank you
Malte
Keine Zeit für Firlefanz?  Blitz-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail! Die SMS, die
direkt auf's Display kommt! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021166