Re: xgnokii, segfault while reading sms, some hints ,no solution

From: Ulrich Hopp
Subject: Re: xgnokii, segfault while reading sms, some hints ,no solution
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:16:40 +0100

Hi Pavel,
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Ulrich Hopp wrote:
> > As far as I can track down the segfault appears becauce
> > data.sms.uhd.number and data.sms.udh.length are not initialized ( error :
> > value out of bounds ).
>
> Are you able to read this with gnokii? What kind of message is this?
yes it's a xgnokii problem. I changed every g_malloc(sizeof(gn_sms)) to
g_malloc0(..) in xgnokii_lowlevel.c and it works for me. But I don't know if
this is a good or bad programming style .
The segfault appears when the function argument is a value instead of a
pointer  ( see the programm stack trace in my original message )

regards
Uli