Nokia 6310i + gnokii 0.4.3

From: K Tan
Subject: Nokia 6310i + gnokii 0.4.3
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:00:01 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to get my Nokia 6310i to work with gnokii 0.4.3.  I am
able to talk to the phone using xgnokii, and I am able to send SMS
out.  But I am not able to use it as a modem to dial up to an ISP.  If
I set model to "6310i", gnokii can connect to the phone.  But if I
were to set model to "AT", I get the following:

-- begin --
kolmogorov gnokii/bin# ./gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre2
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS1
Adding key/value model/AT
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/irda
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/gnokii/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/115200
Adding key/value handshake/hardware
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/12345678
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS1
Gnokii serial_opendevice: tcflush: Invalid argument
Couldn't open ATBUS device: Invalid argument
Initialization failed (1)
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed. Quitting.
Segmentation fault
kolmogorov gnokii/bin#
-- end --

If I set model to "6310i" and I try to dial up using pppd, I get the
message saying "no carrier" in /var/log/messages.

Can anyone please point me to where I made any mistakes, where can
I get a clue to where I made any mistakes, or where can I find the
solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

K Tan