Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so fa

From: Hans Neukomm
Subject: Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so far ???
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:53:02 +0800

first of all i have 8310

then the technology is HERE usually called GPRS over WAP - allowing up to
approx 43.4 kB/s

nokia is modem - gnokii is ( what i think unless you ell me ETTER ) used to
establish contact between my toshiba  and the Nokia 8310 VIA IR -  as far as
i know ( to manage modem if you want so )

or do you have or know another solution of linking via IR nokia 8310 with
notebook and transferring data using GPRS over WAP connection to the www. the
only tool i found so far is gnokii

( there is NO dial in - as GPRS over WAP uses permanent login over a given IP
that is provided from the cellfone operator's company )

however HERE in the PH i am probably almost the nly attempting to use such and
there is so far no info available at all.

hence my question to all who might know morfe than me

greetings

hans

On Monday 04 November 2002 02:28, ALESSANDRO.SUARDI wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Cannot give advice on your exact configuration but on my Toshiba
> > notebook I have to use the toshoboe.o module for IR.
> > Anthony
>
> I actually find confusing what Hans is trying to accomplish.
>
> This message gets to you through a PPP over IrDA link using GPRS on a Nokia
6310;
>  gnokii isn't involved at all with this. WAP isn't either.
>
> If you're simply trying to do what I am doing, please check Jean Tourhilles
page about
>  IrDA - that's the first debugging place you want to see. If you can see
your IR adapter
>  I may then provide you help with the PPP scripts that manage GPRS
connections.

> > On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Hans Neukomm wrote:
> > > Subject: gnokii + nokia 8310  via IRDA = GPRS over WAP  --> any success
> > >     so far ???
> > >
> > > hi all
> > >
> > > since months i try every once in a while again and again - hours or half
days
> > > - downloading and searching for NEWEST online info and drivers - so far
ZERO
> > > success ...
> > >
> > > 1. to get IR running on my linux with Toshiba satellite pro 6000 ( using
all
> > > the available info and drivers !!! - no success so far - i can't even
get my
> > > linux box to recognize any other IR signal ...
>
> --alessandro

The Cyberspace Ashram is a ONE man full time operation and ALL services -
including THIS e-Mail are financed by YOUR honest contribution only.

For any personal questions always COME HERE or call my Cell phone
IDD: 0063 - 919 - 297 84 05

For truly spiritual questions - please ALWAYS use the Spiritual FAQ Forum or
come for a personal visit here to the Philippines.

God bless you

Hans

Author / Webmaster / Owner
Cyberspace Ashram