Re: SMS-to-email gateway

From: leos
Subject: Re: SMS-to-email gateway
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:30:03 +0300

Hi Pavel,

> So, I could get nokia phone with gnokii to some internet server and
> build my own SMS-to-mail gateway... But I guess someone else already
> done that? Is there such a thing somewhere?

I have something very closed in my Fault-Tolerant Multi-ISP Kernel (see e.g.
SCI2001 -- The 5th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and
Informatics, Orlando, Florida, 22-25 July 2001. www.iiis.org). Messages
come from different sources (ISP technology servers) to a queue in one server.
It has got gnokii installed and Nokia connected to it. Messages invoke either
some operation actions (of some [sub-]ISP) or sending SMS. Hence it would
be needed to add one line of a code for sending e-mails and a way to get
SMS in the queue (Perhaps by gnokii's --smsreader or --getsmsc? To my
sorrow I still haven't found time for learning/testing those functions).

But wouldn't it be easier to use WAP for sending e-mails from mobile
phones both for users and you? ;))

Regads,

Dr Leos.