Stupid project idea...

From: mirage
Subject: Stupid project idea...
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 21:28:16 -0600

Unfortunately, my phone doesn't support all the cool features of
gnokii, but that's b/c my phone sucks, not b/c of gnokii :)  (7160).
That's beside the point.
I have a project I'd like to work on and it's a little strange, but
maybe not possible.
I'd like to build an SMS gateway basically, but is there any way for
one phone to send an SMS message to a recipient of another network?
I'd basically get a new phone that supports gnokii SMS sending feature
if it's possible (Also, a side note, what's the best phone for doing
this?)
Thanks in advance,
--Ron