[gNewSense-users] Stepping down

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Stepping down
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 23:06:07 +0200

After much consideration, I've decided to step down as the maintainer of
gNewSense. It was the distro I fell in love with and it would hurt me to
see it disappear. Yet I must be honest with myself and the community and
face the facts. I feel like I can't give it the attention it needs to
keep it in a state worthy of a distro recommended by the FSF. I'm sorry
to disappoint current users and those anticipating a new release.

I would like to thank everyone who I've worked with and who contributed
to gNewSense since it sparked from Paul O'Malley's brain over a decade
ago. It's been fun and educational.

If someone wants to take over I will be quite happy to get that person
going. I then might still help out, but I'm not going to take the lead
anymore. Please get in touch or forward to anyone who might be interested.

I will keep the repositories and other infrastructure running for now.

Regards,
samgee