[gNewSense-users] Question about Free GNU/Linux distributions

From: Maarten
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Question about Free GNU/Linux distributions
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 22:08:06 -0000

Hello All,

I hope I'm in the right place, but I've been doing some reading about Free GNU/Linux distributions and I've installed gnewsense in a vm to check it out. I am wondering what the advantages are to running a Free GNU/Linux distro as to running something like fedora(which I am using now) as a desktop? And are there alternative drivers to replace nvidia drivers(not nouveau) so I can still run games under Linux via wine or steam?

Greetings,

Maarten