Re: [gNewSense-users] CDs and DVDs

From: Harsha Godavari
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] CDs and DVDs
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:15:50 -0600 (MDT)

From: "River Chiang" <address@hidden>
To: "Harsha Godavari" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:08:11 PM

2016年10月11日 下午11:17,"Harsha Godavari" <address@hidden>寫道:

> ________________________________
> From: "Sam Geeraerts" <address@hidden>
>

> Op Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:53:31 -0500
> schreef Will Hill <address@hidden>:
>
> > Will I be able to install from the iso?
>
> Yes. Please choose version 4.0.
>
> Will there be a non-PAE version available for 32-bit Intel CPUs ?

Choose the 486 kernel from the grub menu when booting linux, the 486 kernel is not a PAE kernel

I tried both 486 mode & 486 Fail Safe mode. In both cases almost near the end of booting ( I am guessing here), an error message appears, along with a sad face on a monitor saying:

"Oh No! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system cannot recover.
Please log out and try again" and a window opens with the word LOG OUT.

 If I click on it, the screen goes blank for a minute and the same message appears:
Please contact a system administrator"

and hangs solidly. Neither Control/Alt?Del nor the power button can shut the system down to power off and restart. There no icon to power-off. The only solution is to literally pull the plug from the wall socket.

The computer is an Acer Travelmate 4500 with Intel Centrino  (a Pentium iv type M) CPU @1800MHz, 1.0GB RAM