Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Day

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Day
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 22:33:30 +0200

Op Wed, 3 Aug 2016 14:59:34 -0000
schreef "Wellton Costa de Oliveira" <address@hidden>:

> There is a "gNewSense Day" organized world like
> Debian Day which takes place on August 16th?
>
> I saw on wikipedia that day November 2, 2016 is the day of release of
> gNewSense. Someone celebrates this day by an event in their cities?

As far as I know there is no special day devoted to the celebration of
gNewSense anywhere. I think gNewSense serves better as a means to
celebrate software freedom than as something that should be celebrated
in itself. So next Software Freedom Day would be an excellent
opportunity to organize an event where you introduce people to
gNewSense and/or other free software.