Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 4.0 released

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 4.0 released
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 15:52:04 +0200

I don't feel this as a good news, when just on April 25th the final
phase of life cycle for Debian 7 has started.

Using oldstable version of Debian puts gNewSense project in a position
for only odd scenarios of installations to recommend. More when default
desktop is not a light desktop.

I perform GNU/Linux installations every week and still cannot select
gNewSense as a candidate in old computers, consumer desktops neither
servers nor VPS containers and virtual machines.
Trisquel still accomplishes very better for desktop targets.
I hope a 5.0 version of gNewSense to be soon on the road, and based on
last Debian stable.

El 03/05/16 a les 13:40, Wellton Costa de Oliveira ha escrit:
> is debian 7 (wheezy), LTS until 2018
>

>> Where you mention "solid
> Debian", do you mean
> Debian 8 ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> El 02/05/16 a les 23:16, Sam Geeraerts ha escrit:
>>> I hereby announce the release of gNewSense 4, codenamed Ucclia. It's
>>> based on a solid
> Debian, modified to respect the Free Software
>>> Foundation's and is available for 3 architectures: i386, amd64 and
>>> mipsel (Lemote Yeeloong).
>>>
>>> Torrents ([1], [2]) for the live DVD images are available, as well
>>> as direct downloads ([3], [4]) and netboot images ([5], [6], [7]).
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-live-4.0-amd64-gnome.iso.torrent
>>> [2]