[gNewSense-users] Problems with an unreachable file-link during installa

From: Mira-Katharina
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Problems with an unreachable file-link during installation
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:17:02 +0200

Hello:)

Many times I tried to install gnewsense 3.1. Everytime the installation failed by a mirror problem. But even if I tried a lot of mirrors; it`s always the same.
As I looked in the file which was shown at the end (file:/etc/apt/sorces.list) I reconized that the installing routine searches a non-reachable file:
#

# deb cdrom:[gNewSense 3.0 _Parkes_ - Official amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20140207-17:26]/ parkes main

#deb cdrom:[gNewSense 3.0 _Parkes_ - Official amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20140207-17:26]/ parkes main

deb http://fi.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/ parkes main
deb-src http://fi.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/ parkes main

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense parkes-security main
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense parkes-security main

# parkes-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://fi.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/ parkes-updates main
deb-src http://fi.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/ parkes-updates main

If I tried manually checking the link browsing http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense parkes-security main for e.g. - no file is found

Not Found

The requested URL /gnewsense-three/gnewsense parkes-security main was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at beta.gnewsense.org Port 80

Because of this missing files gnewsense doesn`t work right.

In evolution there is no screen to put an email pw into; kmail doesn`t work because of too many errors; no chance to send or recieve any emails; and the browser wouldn`t install any files because of singing problems (260)

Cheers
Mira