[gNewSense-users] gnewsense ucclia on the Lemote Yeeloong

From: Mikel L. Forcada
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense ucclia on the Lemote Yeeloong
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:12:15 +0200

Just in case someone is interested!

I went for a fresh install of Gnewsense Ucclia on my Lemote Yeeloong. I started with this document by skreutzer:

http://gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

which refers to Parkes. I just changed the links in the original document to

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/dists/parkes/main/installer-mipsel/current/images/loongson-2f/netboot/

to point at the appropriate files in

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/dists/ucclia/main/installer-mipsel/current/images/loongson-2f/netboot/

And went on. Nice, but X would not get me into graphic mode. I tried the workaround described in the document ("Bugs" section) with no results.

Then I talked to a local wizard in my research group (acorbi) and he found a workaround. He created a xorg.conf file (as here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_xorg.conf) and then the system worked as a breeze.

He also showed me how to install and use rcconf to lighten the boot process. We also installed lightdm (to be used instead of gdm3) for a lighter memory footprint.

If skreutzer reads this he might want to update the (nice!) document he wrote for Parkes.

Cheers

Mikel

--
Mikel L. Forcada                    E-mail: address@hidden
Departament de Llenguatges          Phone: +34-96-590-9776