[gNewSense-users] Fw: Brother MFC9180 in gNewSense

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Fw: Brother MFC9180 in gNewSense
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 23:17:12 +0100

TJ,

Hope you don't mind me forwarding this to the right mailing list? ;)

Datum: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:51:33 -0500
Van: TJ <address@hidden>
Aan: address@hidden
Onderwerp: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Brother MFC9180 in gNewSense

Sebastian,

This gave me trouble in the past as well, causing me to use the
non-free drivers from Brothers site.

A better solution is to install "system-config-printer" through
synaptic and set up the printer through cups, of course you need to
install cups as well, if not I believe system-config-printer will pull
it in as a dependency.

You may need to reboot after this so the system will load and recognize
everything.

Plug in your printer, run the above program and it should automatically
locate and recommend a free driver for you.  I have a Brother HL2270DW
and the "Generic PCL Laser Printer" works perfectly!

TJ

El 05/01/15 a les 09:13, Sebastian Spieker ha escrit: