[gNewSense-users] Disappearing applications

From: Paul A. Crable
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Disappearing applications
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:34:37 -0000

Last night I was looking for a program to make a photo album to put on my
web page.  I downloaded several candidates using the Synaptic Package
Manager, and several using a program that has disappeared overnight from
my Applications menu.  After doing so, some of the programs did not appear
on my Applications menu, nor could I invoke them from the command line.
The they appear as installed on the Synaptic Package Manager.  The
mysterious applications, BTW, were:

        * Gallery
        * cthumb
        * Kphotoalbum

This has happened with other program in the past, but have just shined it
on.  Seems I need to turn and face the problem and do something about it.

What do I need to do to have these packages installed so I can use them?
It's kind of useless to download and install a program that disappears.

Paul
--
Paul A. Crable.  Portland, Ore.  U.S.A.
paul AT crable DOT us