Re: [gNewSense-users] USB Wireless Adapter

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] USB Wireless Adapter
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 14:52:20 +0100

> And it seems to use the ath9k_htc, htc_9271.fw driver.
>
> gNewSense seems to detect it, but how can I use it to connect to the
> internet? I'm a newbie and know practically nothing.

Run dmesg, see if it mentions DEBLOBBED or missing Free firmware after
the card is inserted.

If it does, you need a newer kernel like from
http://jxself.org/linux-libre/.

Do you have the firmware installed?  You can get it from
e.g. http://jxself.org/ath9k-htc/ and copy to /lib/firmware.

If this works, you can use Network Manager to connect it.