Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3

From: kpb
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:31:14 +0000

Hello Dave and all

I tried compiling Icecat 24.0 on gNewSense and immediately ran into the
python version being 2.6.c on gNewSense 3 and Icecat sources expecting
python 2.7.x.

I've been pointed at the idea of linking libraries statically when
compiling on say a Wheezy system - which apparently what Mozilla do when
building their binaries. Looks like a lot of research and learning to
proceed. I suspect there is a reason the GNUzilla packagers are *not*
doing this already :-}

Cheers
--
Keith Burnett