Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3

From: Guilherme Vieira
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 02:56:16 -0300

Hi there! I'd like to know why IceCat must be so old compared to vanilla Firefox. Isn't it just supposed to be Firefox rebranded, with some add-ons preinstalled, and without offers to install non-libre add-ons?

Atenciosamente / Sincerely,
Guilherme Prá Vieira

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
Op Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:43:57 +0000
schreef kpb <address@hidden>:

> I've found it possible to compile Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3.1
> 64bit by following the wiki instructions at
>
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/IceCat
>
> just *leave out the source code patch* steps as gNewSense 3 has a
> compiler version recent enough for this code. YASM still needs to be
> compiled as 0.8 is in the gNewSense 3 repository.

Feel free to update our wiki page. I think it's safe to assume that
users are more interested in IceCat 17 than 14.