Re: [gNewSense-users] Marketing Suggestion: Put up a Web page about gNew

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Marketing Suggestion: Put up a Web page about gNewSense
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:29:07 -0500

2014-01-29 <address@hidden>:
Hello All

I put a simple Web page up about my installation of gNewSense.

http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/pages/gNewSense.html

If you search for "gNewSense laptop" the result is on the first page in Google, which came as a surprise to me. That indicates that there are not many pages about gNewSense yet.

It appears sixth in DuckDuckGo :)

I suggest as many that can put a page up somewhere so we can get more visibility.

I think people will start writing more and more about gNewSense when we manage to better synchronize releases with Debian's. The end of life of Debian squeeze, which is gNewSense 3 mother, may be a reason for people not to write more about gNewSense at the moment. We need more contributors that know the process of developing and delivering new versions of gNewSense; or, if Sam could do mitosis, that would be great too.

Perhaps use 'usesthis.com' as a template?

That would be a nice project. It could be used as a showcase for gNewSense or for all free system distros :)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/