Re: [gNewSense-users] Grsecurity on gNewSense, but for real?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Grsecurity on gNewSense, but for real?
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:00:10 +1000

address@hidden wrote:
> I wasn't able to find any reference to Grsecurity in gnusense-users
> archives.
>
> I also shun fast as I can from SELinux, because I believe it is not
> true solution, to speak in kind terms.

I thought apparmour was available too, but it appears that directory is empty
on the mirror - must have been removed for some reason.
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/pool/main/a/apparmor/

> Grsec/Pax are fully GNU, fully free, but to cut to the point, current
> Debian leaders have no ear at all for this twin program solution
> (Grsecurity is often used to mean the combination of the two.

The grsec kernel patch (as packaged in Debian) is available in gNewSense
repositories:
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux-patch-grsecurity2/

As a side note, referring to 'current Debian leaders' makes it sound like a
recent conspiracy - the current arrangement is neither recent nor (from what i
can see) a conspiracy.
thanks,
kk