[gNewSense-users] gNewSense Kernel Repo

From: Jason Self
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Kernel Repo
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:30:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, just wanted to mention that my APT repository is now compatible
with gNewSense 3. If you need a newer kernel for some reason please
feel free to use it. There are short-term and long-term support
kernels available.

It also has support for loading the firmware needed by the ath9k_htc
kernel module. This is needed by the FSF-certified USB WiFi device
from ThinkPenguin [1]. Just drop the two (free-as-in-freedom) .fw
firmware files [2] into /lib/firmware and my kernel will load them.

[0] http://jxself.org/linux-libre/
[1]
https://www.fsf.org/news/ryf-certification-thinkpenguin-usb-with-atheros-chip
[2] http://jxself.org/ath9k-htc/