Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" stable

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" stable
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 18:55:14 +0200

Op Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:04:08 -0400
schreef George Roberge <address@hidden>:

> That is very exciting!  I'm just firing up rtorrent now to get the
> torrents rolling.

Thanks for using torrents.

> I'm relatively new to the FSF and some of the terminology, so forgive
> me if I misspeak.

Welcome. :)

> I noticed recently that your distro was going to be Debian-based
> instead of Ubuntu-based, and I was psyched to see that.  I tried
> Trisquel, and liked the functionality, but am not too thrilled about
> it being based off of Ubuntu.

A derivative naturally inherits much of its parent distro, but I think
it also deserves judgement on its own merit.

> I noticed that this version was jumping directly to Debian, and
> signed right up on the mailing list. I'm excited to see what
> Gnewsense is going to do, and hope to spend more time on your site in
> the future.

Thanks for the faith. Note that you can also edit much of the website
if you create an account. Improving it is supposed to be a joint
effort and I'm always interested in the perspective of newcomers.