Re: [gNewSense-users] some issues

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] some issues
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:12:23 +0200

>> > Or, what I forgot is the time and date. It's always at the state of
>> > when I shut down. Can I solve this in any way?
>>
>> I don't understand the middle sentence.
> I mean, that the time and date wich is shown at the bottom right isn`t
> getting actuall when I set it. It`s always at the state when I restart
> the notebook.

Installing ntp usually solves problems with incorrect time.  Time after
restarting should be mostly correct, the system time is saved to the
hardware clock.

>> > Or the Wireless?
>>
>> It works, needs clicking Fn-F5 or using the rfkill program to start.
> Fn-F5 doesn`t work here and I don`t know such program. How can I start
> it? where do I find it?

It works here with NetworkManager which isn't installed by default,
install network-manager-gnome.  If the problem is with Fn-F5 or rfkill,
it will list wireless as disabled.