Re: [gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker

From: sam2025
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:32:21 -0400

thanks for the links

Do you have a good reference that explains how user/program permissions work under linux? Concerned about not catching any viruses/spyware and may want to share some files across multiple users.

rsiddharth wrote:
I thought about using gNewSense 3.0 Beta 2 but the "Beta" part stopped me.
Since I don't know what I am doing, I opted for the older version
hoping it would have more documentation/support.

At the moment we don't yet have documentation for installing gNewSense
3.0

You may read this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=282018
to learn a bit about partitioning.

And

refer this guide: http://www.debian.org/releases/oldstable/i386/

for help with the installation.

patience is your friend here.

The Debian guide might have references to non-free software. We don't
recommend the use of it and encourage you to not install/use it.