[gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker

From: sam2025
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 01:49:02 -0400

Hello,
I just installed Thunderbird (2.0.0.24 via the "Add/Remove Applications" window) and I can't figure out how to add a spell checked (English).

Going to Compose > Options > Check Spelling, I see that the "Language" drop down is empty with the only option being "Download more dictionaries" which takes me to a page not found under the Mozilla domain. When I try to add an Add-on downloaded from the Mozilla website, it seems to work but then on application restart it is not listed. I have also looked at the gnu website for Add-ons but not sure any of them would solve this. I have LiveOffice installed and able to spell check properly there.

Any idea how I can fix this?
Running gNewSense 2.3 Kernel 2.6.24-32 (new user...aka no clue what I am doing).

Thanks in advance
Sam