Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:58:19 +0200

Hello Bill!

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 01:24:00PM -0700, William Stahl wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have read your email. I have two days off so I can devote some time to
> install gNewSense 3.0 Parkes. I have as you know already installed 2.3 Will
> this install on top of that, or do I need to reformat the drive where
> gNewSense 2.3 resides before installing. Sorry for being so slow about all
> this. Appreciate your help.

The best way is to "reformat" your current disk layout but don't worry.
gNewSense installer (which is modified Debian installer indeed) will guide you
during that process. It should detect all your partitions - all you have to do
is to point which filesystem use for which partition. You can also perform
"whole disk" installation if you don't care about your current disk layout (and
other operating systems already installed if any).

Happy hacking!
--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) sdf !dot org