Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 23:39:49 +0200

Op Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:24:00 -0700
schreef William Stahl <address@hidden>:

> I have read your email. I have two days off so I can devote some time
> to install gNewSense 3.0 Parkes. I have as you know already installed
> 2.3 Will this install on top of that, or do I need to reformat the
> drive where gNewSense 2.3 resides before installing.

At the stage where you select the disk partition to install to, you can
choose "Manual". There you can select the partition where you installed
2.3 and set the option to reformat before installing 3.0 (data on this
partition will of course be deleted). The other options to set there are
"ext4" for the file system and "/" for the mount point. Your disk will
not be touched until you select "save and write changes to disk".

The text installer can be a bit intimidating and I'm afraid our
installation manual [1] is not yet updated for 3.0. If you have not yet
written the changes to disk then you can select "go back" and choose to
abort the installation with no harm done.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/InstallationManual