Re: [gNewSense-users] Installing gThumb Image Viewer in gNewSense 3.0 "P

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Installing gThumb Image Viewer in gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" Beta 1
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 23:05:38 +0200

Op Thu, 30 May 2013 09:44:15 +0100 (BST)
schreef Bert Frohn <address@hidden>:

> Installing gThumb through Synaptic Package Manager requires
> gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs which conflicts with
> gnome-desktop-environment. But gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs is not a hard
> dependency, and it depends on yours APT configuration wanting to
> install also Recommended and Suggested packages.
>
> As a workaround, I tried successfully:
>   # apt-get install gthumb gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs-
>
> (thanks to David Paleino).

Thanks for checking that out. Too bad that the maintainer doesn't seem
interested in finding a better solution for this bug [1]. But it's not
the only package that depends on gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs, so perhaps
there's a bigger picture that will be resolved in the future.