Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" Beta 1

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" Beta 1
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 19:40:23 +0200

Op Tue, 21 May 2013 00:02:00 +0100 (BST)
schreef t s <address@hidden>:

> Installation Process for Beginners

(trimming)
Nice walkthrough. Much of our documentation on the website needs
updating for Parkes (e.g. the installation how-to [1]). Would you like
to help us do that? Most pages can be edited by anyone who has an
account.

> I read an article recently saying that Dual Boot systems require a
> seperate Boot partition, that is what I created.

Some people find that handy if both the OS's are GNU/Linux. But it's
only needed if you have special requirements (e.g. encryption, RAID).

> My next job is to delete the old operating system off my laptop.

Good on ya.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/InstallingGNewSense