Re: [gNewSense-users] It works

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] It works
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:07:54 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 08:55:12PM +0200, Cleanfreak wrote:
> it works! I've gnewsense on the Yeeloong 8101 B.
>
> But it looks more than Debian, isn't it? Is there any way to make it look
> like the gnewsense I've installed in my Virtualbox?

gNewSense artwork is available in parkes repositories but indeed some
programs still don't use it. I belive it will be fixed soon but for now
you can manually tune some things.

Firstly make sure that you have all the galaxia packages:
apt-get install gnome-icon-theme-galaxia gnome-theme-galaxia
It should be installed by default but "you never know" ;)

As far as I know gdm3 should use gNewSense artwork, so you don't have to
mess with it.

GNOME is somewhat more complicated but it should be possible to modify
your theme via System->Preferences. Just choose galaxia theme there and
your favourite wallpaper. If you want to make gNewSense artwork
available for all new user accounts, then a little bit of "magic" is
needed (run all commands as superuser):

1. update-alternatives --install \
   /usr/share/images/desktop-base/desktop-background \
   desktop-background \
   /usr/share/images/desktop-base/arcos-blue.png 60

2. update-alternatives --install \
   /usr/share/images/desktop-base/desktop-background \
   desktop-background \
   /usr/share/images/desktop-base/arcos-blue-wide.png 55

3. gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme "Galaxia"
4. gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme "galaxia"

1 and 2 is for the default wallpaper, 3 will set our very own theme for
GTK+2 based programs and 4 will set our icon theme. That should do the
trick and I belive those minor drawbacks will be fixed soon.

Happy hacking!
--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) onet.pl