Re: [gNewSense-users] Notebook 100% Free

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Notebook 100% Free
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:30:03 +0100

Op Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:57:42 -0200
schreef Albino Biasutti Neto <address@hidden>:
> I was researching and reading some articles, I found this notebook
> [1][2] :-)

i.e. the Lemote Yeeloong

> It is 100% free, freedom and Open Source, according to the text. The
> Dr. Richard Stallman have he [3] and some users of gNewSense.

There's always room for improvement [1], but in the laptop space it's
the closest thing so far.

> You can purchase the product in Brazil (import it maybe)? The price
> it pays?
>
> My last information was that this model is not yet being manufactured.

It can be purchased from Tekmote [2], KD85 [3] and (if you're a real
sweet talker) Freedom Included [4]. (I nor gNewSense have a commercial
relationship with these companies.) I don't know any shops in South
America that have it.

[1]
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Hardware/Freest#Lemote_Yeeloong_8089_and_8101
[2] http://www.tekmote.nl/
[3] https://kd85.com/lemote.html
[4] http://freedomincluded.com/

P.S.: I think unnecessary URL shortening is bad and usually don't click
those links. Here are some reasons why:
http://rield.com/faq/why-url-shorteners-are-bad