[gNewSense-users] Lemote Yeeloong will not boot into GUI - only terminal

From: Mark Wojtasiak
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Lemote Yeeloong will not boot into GUI - only terminal
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:25:39 -0400

I followed this tutorial (http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS) and all seemed to work well. I was able to install GRUB and gNewSense boots just fine - into terminal. What do I need to do in order for the system to boot into GNOME?

I've successfully ran the following but still no success booting into a GUI;

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install --xserver.xorg
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver.xorg
sudo apt-get install --reinstall gnome-session
sudo gconf-schemas --register gnome-session.schemas

Also I've uninstalled the siliconmotion driver and rebooted. Still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Mark